WORKSHOP SESSION I: Civil Society for Sustainability and Democracy: Challenges, Perspectives, Discourses
- Dealing with shrinking spaces of civil society: How to protect and strengthen civic action?
Facilitators: Geofrey Nsubuga, Somero, Uganda; April Lai, Greeners South, Hongkong/China
- Why representation matters!? How to design participation for ensuring individual and collective rights of all?
Facilitators: Hamza Ghedamsi, Model African Union, Tunisia; Gilbert Kofi Germain, Young and Lonely Foundation, Ghana
- Giving rights to nature – an emerging idea?
Facilitators: Christian Cray, member of the European hub of GARN, Germany; Jorge Huichalaf, Cooperativa Küme Mogen, Chile
- Looking at history: Decolonization as precondition for climate justice?!
Facilitators: Ruby Hembrom, adivaani, India; Maissara Saeed, Solidan, Germany
- Good digital life for all? Digital capitalism and alternatives.
Facilitator: Niclas Guentor, Konzeptwerk Neue Ökonomie, Germany
WORKSHOP SESSION II: Civil Society for Sustainability and Democracy: Strategies, Practices, Actions
- Democracy is more than a teaching unit: Living participation to engage young and non-privileged people and create structures for active citizenship.
Facilitators: Nomatlou Mahalangu, Golden Youth Club, South Africa; Harald Kleem and NN, Peer Leader International, Germany;
- Participatory and democratic forms of learning for democracy and sustainability.
Facilitators: Julia Wältring, Verband Entwicklungspolitik Niedersachsen, Germany; NN, Peace Brigades International
- The power of local communities for change. Strategies and tools for community empowerment and action.
Facilitator: Joseph Kenson Sakala, YSD Malawi
- Community based and solidary economy models as basis for democracy and sustainability.
Facilitator(s): Sabine Meyer, Indisches Haus, Germany; NN
- How can we use digitalization to support action for sustainability and democracy?
Facilitator(s): Konstantin Müller, Weltladen Magdeburg, Germany; Laura Chocontá, aware&fair, Germany